Monday 15 July 2013

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

It hurts when you start to become aficionados of artists who are younger than you. Seeing that I'm only 20, you'd think I would not have to face that issue any time soon, well unfortunately I do. The success of Sirs Jake Bugg, One direction, or even fucking Justin Bieber make you feel like you've pretty much wasted your life away. Then, of course, I'd rather be a little behind in what sometimes feel like a race, still vividly debating with myself about what I'm goona do with my life, between 2 episodes of an oiously daunting tv show, than end up like Rebecca Black. But that's the point.

The point is, that the Irish lads of The Strypes are very young (15 to 17 years old) and very talented. Their EP Blue collar Jane is a sometimes explosive, always dirty combination of blues and garage rock (go check the live version of Got Love If You Want It if you're not convinced playing the harmonica can be sexy - wait, seeing as the harmonica player is still underage, am I risking prison for this comment ?-).

They'll be opening for Arctic Monkeys during their UK tour, how cool is that ? Just wait and soon they'll be called the next saviors of rock'n roll... I'll leave with this song You Can't Judge A Book By Looking At The Cover, awesome combination of reasonably good lyrics, catchy melody, and juvenile energy.


No comments:

Post a Comment